Un dolce ideale per gli intolleranti al glutine o per i celiaci, e sostituendo il burro con olio di cocco, le uova con banana o semi di lino, la panna con un’alternativa vegetale e il cioccolato con uno senza prodotti di origin animale, troverà i consensi anche dei vegetariani e vegani.
Da Maryanne, The Little Epicurean: ricetta e immagine.
- 3 oz dark chocolate (I use 72%), chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into tablespoons
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (about 6 oz) Nutella Hazelnut Spread, or any chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/3 cup ground toasted hazelnuts*
- 1 Tablespoon Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- additional toasted hazelnuts, chopped for garnish
- chopped dark chocolate, for garnish
- 4 oz dark chocolate (72%), chopped
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons Frangelico (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter two 4 1/2- inch springform cake pans and line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at half power (50%) for 20 second intervals until melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in between intervals to ensure even melting. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, Nutella, ground hazelnuts, and Frangelico. Mix until smooth. Add melted chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and salt. Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Add 1/3 of egg whites to large bowl with chocolate mixture. Fold to combine. Add another 1/3 of egg whites and fold to combine. Repeat with remaining 1/3. Fold until there are no longer any egg white streaks.
- Divide cake batter between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake has puffed up and the tops of the cake have cracks. Insert a toothpick in center of cake to test for doneness. Allow cakes to cool in pan for 5 minutes before unmolding. Allow to cool on wire racks.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream to a simmer. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Add butter and cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit for one minute.
- Remove plastic wrap and stir ganache until homogenous. Add a pinch of salt and optional Frangelico. Stir until incorporated. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow glaze to cool and thicken.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake. Garnish cake with chopped toasted hazelnuts and chopped chocolate.