From Iambaker by Amanda a brilliant use of zucchini.
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or bittersweet)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (fine table salt)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup grated and drained zucchini
- Heat oven to 325. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate for 30 seconds. If chips are not melted, return to microwave in 10 second increments until mostly melted. Stir frequently. When melted, set aside.
- Using a grater, finely grate a medium sized zucchini. This should yield about 2 cups of zucchini. Place zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze vigorously, removing most of the liquid. You should now have about 1 cup of drained shredded zucchini. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Sift together with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or bowl with hand mixer, add in butter and sugars. Mix for about a minute, or until mixture is fully combined and starts to fluff.
- With stand mixer (or hand mixer) on low, add in egg and vanilla. Combine fully.
- Pour in melted chocolate and mix completely.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer (or remove beaters) and fold in zucchini and milk chocolate chips by hand.
- With an ice cream scoop (or large spoon) drop balls of dough onto cookie sheet, about 8 per sheet. Leave 2-inches between each ball of dough. (I did not flatten cookies at any point)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.