Thanks to Paula by Bellalimento.com
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs – divided
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 4 tablespoons sugar – divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint
What To Do:
- Into a large mixing bowl add: flour, cocoa, 3 eggs. Using your mixer, start off slowly until ingredients are incorporated. Gradually stream in water while mixer is running and a dough ball has formed.
- Switch to dough hook (or knead by hand) until dough is tacky but not sticky. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour to rest.
- While dough is resting making filling. Into a small bowl add: mascarpone, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and mint. Mix until well incorporated. Transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once dough is chilled, divide into 4 pieces. Using a pasta machine, one at a time, roll out each piece from the widest to the thinnest setting. Keep remaining pieces covered and in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble: Lightly dust clean work surface with flour. Place one pasta sheet on the work surface. Place a teaspoon of filling every 3 inches down the pasta sheet. Fold the dough over, and press around filling to seal.
- Using a 2″ ravioli cutter (or pastry wheel) cut out ravioli. Set ravioli on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Continue with remaining dough. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To cook the ravioli, bring water and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a boil in a large pot. Add ravioli (do not crowd pot, do this in batches). When pasta floats to the top leave it for an additional 2 minutes or until al dente.
- Remove ravioli with a slotted spoon. Drizzle with sauce of choice. to
And I add that the best sauce to flavour them is olive oil with sage. Enjoy it!