Andes Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
Thank to Joan, as http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/
- 1 1/2 cups Andes Mints, chopped and divided (roughly 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place 3/4 cup chopped Andes mints and 2 tablespoons milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove form microwave and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder until smooth. stir in melted Andes mints.
- Fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into whipped cream until completely blended, then fold in remaining chopped Andes mints. Spoon into a freezer safe 2 quart dish, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, until completely frozen.