It’s a vegan and gluten free recipe from ambitiouskitchen.
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 – 15oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium to large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place flaxseeds and almond milk into food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter and almond milk thickens up a bit, about 1 minute. Next add in black bean, avocado, vanilla, and brown sugar and process again until smooth. Add in cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder and process again until smooth. Batter will be thick. If batter is way too thick and won’t process, you can add in another tablespoon or two of milk. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies.
- Add batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread evenly to sides.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1/4 cup chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30-45 seconds to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth, then pour over top of batter. Use a knife to swirl chocolate into batter a few times. Sprinkle top of batter with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean. We don’t want these to dry out, but we also don’t want them completely raw either! The top of the batter should be completely set and no longer jiggle. Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 12 bars.